Seeking Full Time Research and Strategy Coordinator to join our team (Remote. Eastern Time Zone)
Are you analytical as well as good at figuring things out yourself? Are you detail-oriented because you believe details matter? Do you thrive discovering insights from both quantitative and qualitative data? Do you value a flexible work schedule and know from experience that there are better ways of working than the old-school 9-to-5? Do you feel comfortable or even thrive working remotely and can share an eye-roll for the days of sitting in hours-long meetings with dozens of people? Then we want to hear from you!
Meet Bellweather Agency: an award-winning, full-service creative agency with offices in New York City, Philadelphia, and Beacon. We specialize in building brands, campaigns, and websites for health care, non-profit, and travel clients such as NYC, Baltimore, Everytown For Gun Safety, and Brooklyn Bridge Park—see our website for examples. Bellweather is proud to be wholly owned by people of color, women, and queer-identifying individuals—representing less than .1% of creative agencies in the world. Our commitment to diversity is seen throughout our agency and its processes.
We are looking for a Research and Strategy Coordinator to join our growing team. You will work closely with the Director of Research to support the execution of market research projects. This position is a 6-month contract (minimum 30 hours per week) with options to extend or full-time hire. Pay will be based on experience.
Why work at Bellweather Agency?
We describe ourselves as inclusive from start to finish. From our diverse staff to our desire to hear from a variety of individuals and groups during our research process, we know that the best work comes from listening and being open to all options. We pride ourselves in making data-driven decisions for our clients; all design decisions are backed up based on research—and we do a lot of research!
Our in-house multidisciplinary team conducts all of Bellweather’s research and strategy. This includes a qualitative research process based on public health principles and methodology, supplemented as needed with quantitative research, including large-scale surveys. We go where the data is, finding information-rich insights, building rapport and trust along the way.
As a Research and Strategy Coordinator you will:
- Have the ability to learn first hand from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience
- Approach each project with different and unique perspectives, methods and knowledge
- Work in causes, clients, campaigns, and organizations that are values-driven ● Work from anywhere: our fully-remote office offers the freedom to work where you want
- The Research and Strategy Coordinator will:
- Coordinate with project managers and participants to schedule interviews and focus groups
- Coordinate with external quantitative research partners (e.g. uploading surveys) ○ Manage data collection and recruitment
- Organize files and marketing research materials, which can include transcripts, release forms, survey data, and website analytics
- Synthesize findings of research, including best practices and literature reviews ○ Support data analysis and visualization for strategy and creative presentations and projects
- The Research and Strategy Coordinator will assist the Director of Research in executing custom, primary and secondary market research studies from inception to conclusion, including assisting with:
- Development of surveys
- Creation of interview scripts for focus groups and one-on-one interviews
- Qualitative market research, which can include listening to and/or attending focus groups and interviews
- Coding and analyze qualitative transcripts
- Data analysis and report writing
What we are looking for:
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, sociology, anthropology, marketing, communication, public health, or other related fields
- Advanced degree in Health Communications or other behavioral or social sciences a plus
- 2+ years of work experience in a field that emphasizes research, writing and/or analysis
- Experienced in distilling and presenting results, insights, and findings into reports and/or presentations
- Experience with scheduling and coordination as well as data collection and management
- Experience with a range of qualitative research methods and analysis techniques a plus
- Understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying and questionnaire design) and basic statistics a plus
- Proficient in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity, strong idea generation skills, and willingness to advocate for new ideas
- Ability to travel for occasional in-person work and meetings
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with internal teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world.
- Time-efficient. Our organization's ambitions are lofty. Because of that, the researcher will have a substantial workload requiring quick and accurate work.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (first author only) to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. In your cover letter please include the following questions:
- Where are you currently based?
- What has your experience been with remote work? How does it work well for you and not work as well?
- Share a bit of your story and what excites you about Bellweather.
The salary band for this role is $70,000 - $85,000 annually.
While this is a remote position preference will be given to candidates located on the east coast of the United States, especially in the metropolitan areas of New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington DC.