This is a 6-month contract with options to extend. We prioritize candidates in the Eastern Time Zone to ensure seamless collaboration. Join us and contribute to our innovative and forward-thinking team!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine creative content, ensuring quality, consistency, and accuracy.
- Edit materials for adherence to company or client style, grammar, and spelling policies.
- Perform substantive reviews under deadline pressure, focusing on logic, flow, and content.
- Manage editorial workflow and ensure proper formatting according to technical standards.
- Conduct thorough fact-checking and verification processes to uphold the accuracy of content.
- Offer constructive feedback to writers and contributors to enhance overall content quality.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and industry-specific requirements in content editing.
- Collaborate with writers to maintain a cohesive and unified voice across various projects.
- Stay updated on evolving language usage, grammar rules, and industry-specific terminology
We’d love to hear from you if you have 3+ years of experience in copy editing and a stellar samples or portfolio of your work!
Apply via email to email@example.com. Include the following in your email:
- Subject line: “Freelance Copy Editor – Your Firstname Lastname
- Your resume and portfolio of work.
- A brief cover letter (in the email body) that answers to the following questions:
- What has your experience been with remote work>
- How does it work well for you and not work as well?
- Share a bit of your story and what excites you about Bellweather.
Pay will be $30-$50 per hour based on experience.
Meet Bellweather Agency: an award-winning, full-service creative agency with offices in New York City, Philadelphia, and Beacon. We specialize in building brands, campaigns, and websites for health care, non-profit, and travel clients such as NYC, Baltimore, Everytown For Gun Safety, and Brooklyn Bridge Park. We are also proud to be one of the few minority-and-women owned creative agencies working today.
Why work at Bellweather Agency?
- Work on causes, clients, campaigns, and organizations you care about
- Collaborate with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Work from anywhere: our fully-remote office offers the freedom to work where you want