This position is a 6-month contract with options to extend. Priority will be given to those candidates located on the east coast.
We are looking for a Freelance Market Research Facilitator to join our growing team. Facilitators at Bellweather will lead multiple virtual focus groups of 6-10 participants or one-on-one interviews, seeking their input on messaging around different topics, clients and campaigns.
About the role
- Leading virtual and if needed, in-person focus groups
- Leading virtual and if needed, in-person one-on-one interviews
Pending experience and interest, a successful team member may also have the following responsibilities:
- Coding transcripts and analysis
- Report writing
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, sociology, anthropology, communication, public health, or other related fields
- Advanced degree in Health Communications or other behavioral or social sciences a plus
- 2+ years experience conducting and structuring focus groups and/or one-on-one interviews
- Ability to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Skilled in facilitating discussions in the virtual environment, including managing group dynamics
- Experience facilitating difficult topics and ensuring everyone has a chance to participate
- Ability to work independently
- Preferred candidate would be from the East Coast (Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York, Boston)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to engage with people of different backgrounds in an empathetic manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to observe verbal and non-verbal behavior
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
- Ability to travel for occasional in-person work and meetings
If interested in the additional responsibilities, candidates must have:
- 2+ years experience with a range of qualitative research methods and analysis techniques
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with qualitative research software a plus (MAXQDA, Atlas.ti, NVivo)
- Understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying) and basic statistics
How to apply
Apply via email to email@example.com. Include the following in your email:
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter (in the email body) that answers to the following questions:
- What has your experience been with remote work?
- How does it work well for you and not work as well?
- Share a bit of your story and what excites you about Bellweather.
Pay will be $50-$75 per hour based on experience.
Meet Bellweather Agency: an award-winning, full-service creative agency with offices in New York City, Philadelphia, and Beacon. We specialize in building brands, campaigns, and websites for health care, non-profit, and travel clients such as NYC, Baltimore, Everytown For Gun Safety, and Brooklyn Bridge Park. We are also proud to be one of the few minority-and-women owned creative agencies working today.
Why work at Bellweather Agency?
- Work on causes, clients, campaigns, and organizations you care about
- Collaborate with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Work from anywhere: our fully-remote office offers the freedom to work where you want